Eye care for the whole family.
Experience quality care with a friendly smile.
Your vision is important so we use the best equipment available.
Get your glasses in as little as 24 hours with our in-house labs.
Find the perfect frames to fit the entire family.
Five Star Rated Service!
Read some of our testimonials and become our next happy patient.
“Great service for my son and myself! We will definitely return!”
28, Jul 2016
“Super easy to make an appointment on line.
Great staff. Friendly and felt like my exam was detailed and complete.”
13, Nov 2014
Forney Eye Care Clinic
Our office in Forney was established in 2006. Since then we have treated over 19,000 members of the Forney community as well as neighboring cities such as Mesquite, Heath, Terrell, Crandall, Sunnyvale, and Wills Point. We are the only independent optical in Forney and strive to maintain the utmost level of customer service.
|Address||104 E Hwy 80, Suite 100, Forney, TX 75126|
|Mon||10:00 am – 2:00 pm||3:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Tue||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|Wed||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am – 2:00 pm||3:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Fri||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|Sat||By appointment only|
|We do NOT accept personal checks at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.|
|VISION||MEDICAL – NO HMO|
|Superior||Blue Cross Blue Shield|
|VCP (Vision Care Plan)||Medicare|
|VSP (Vision Services Plan)|
Meet Our Staff
Larry Tarrant, O.D.
Owner & Therapeutic Optometrist
Ruby Rodriguez, O.D.
Nancy Gutierrez, O.D.
Professional Services & Exams:
- Comprehensive Vision and Eye Health Examinations for the entire family
- Contact Lens fittings including Specialty Fits
- Eye Infection Treatment including Red/Pink Eye
- Foreign Body Removal
- Glaucoma Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diabetic Eye Exams
- Diagnosis and Treatment of other Eye Diseases
- Consultation, Referral, and Pre and Post-Op LASIK Care
- Contact Lenses
- Lenses & Treatments
What should I bring to the eye doctor?
Make a list of prescription medications, vitamins or supplements you’re taking or routinely took in the past. Bring your glasses or contacts and a copy of your latest prescription. Your eyes might be sensitive to light for a couple of hours after having them dilated so you may want to bring sunglasses.
What to expect when visiting our eye clinic.
Routine eye exams take 20-30 minutes. If needed we will perform additional tests that may extend your eye appointment. Our knowledgeable vision center will do all they can to make your visit simple, complete, and to exceed your expectations.
Will the Optometrist need to dilate my eyes?
This procedure depends on your age, the reason for your exam, and your individual risk of eye diseases.
Eyedrops are used to widen the pupil, increasing the light and providing your doctor a better view of the back of your eye. Eye dilation enables your doctor to diagnose common conditions and diseases, ideally at their earliest stages. Including:
- Macular degeneration
- High blood pressure
- Retinal detachment
It’s important to dilate your eyes to conduct a thorough, comprehensive eye exam. You will probably experience increased glare and blurred vision. We suggest sunglasses for comfort.
What does quality eye care look like?
- A doctor that is receptive to your concerns and takes the time to understand your individual needs.
- A comprehensive check of your eyesight and overall eye health.
- Rule out potential vision issues or the need for vision therapy or specialized vision care.
- An ophthalmoscope
checkto illuminate and magnify the interior of your eye to detect such conditions as diabetes, cataracts or hypertension.
- A digital retinal scan to generate an extraordinary 200-degree picture of your eye’s retina. This enhanced view helps your optometrist to diagnose and prevent eye conditions and diseases, like glaucoma and macular degeneration.