Eye care for the whole family.
Experience quality care with a friendly smile.
Your vision is important so we use the best equipment available.
Get your glasses in as little as 24 hours with our in-house labs.
Find the perfect frames to fit the entire family.
Five Star Rated Service!
Read some of our testimonials and become our next happy patient.
“Each and every staff member that I encountered was superb, friendly, and helpful.”
28, Jul 2016
“Super easy to make an appointment on line.
Great staff. Friendly and felt like my exam was detailed and complete.”
13, Nov 2014
Lakewood Eye Care Clinic
We take pride in giving a thorough examination using the latest technology. In addition to a prescription for eyeglasses, we offer a complete medical assessment of the eye; this includes screenings for glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and complications from diabetes and high blood pressure. We also provide prescriptions for contact lenses as well as consultations and referrals for LASIK surgery.
Our wide selection of frames and lens options will make your search for the perfect pair of glasses effortless while our in-house labs allow you to receive your orders as quickly as possible.
|Address||1905 Abrams Rd, Dallas, TX 75214|
|Looking for an eye doctor near by? We serve those who live in Lakewood, East Dallas, White Rock Lake area, Uptown Dallas, Greenville Avenue and “M” Streets, and Highland Park and University Park.|
|Mon||10:00 am – 2:00 pm||3:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Tue||By Appointment Only|
|Wed||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am – 2:00 pm||3:00 pm – 7:00 pm|
|Fri||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Sat||By appointment only|
|We do NOT accept personal checks at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.|
|Superior National / Southwest||Blue Cross Blue Shield|
|VCP (Vision Care Plan)||NVA|
|VSP (Vision Services Plan)||UnitedHealthcare|
|Talara Byers |
Meet Our Staff
Larry Tarrant, O.D.
Owner & Therapeutic Optometrist
Ruby Rodriguez, O.D.
Nancy Gutierrez, O.D.
Professional Optometry Services & Exams:
- Comprehensive Vision Correction and Eye Health Examinations for patients of all ages
- Contact Lens fittings including Specialty Fits
- Retinal Imaging
- Eye Infection Treatment including Red/Pink Eye
- Eye Injuries and Foreign Body Removal
- Glaucoma Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diabetic Eye Exams
- Diagnosis and Treatment of other Eye Diseases
- Dry Eye
- Digital Eye Strain
- Consultation, Referral, and Pre and Post-Op LASIK Care
Vision Care Products:
- Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses
- Lenses and Frames
What should I bring to the eye doctor?
Make a list of prescription medications, vitamins or supplements you're taking or routinely took in the past. Bring your glasses or contacts and a copy of your latest prescription. Your eyes might be sensitive to light for a couple of hours after having them dilated so you may want to bring sunglasses.
What to expect when visiting our eye clinic.
Routine eye exams take 20-30 minutes. If needed we will perform additional tests that may extend your eye appointment. Our knowledgeable vision center will do all they can to make your visit simple, complete, and to exceed your expectations.
Will the Optometrist need to dilate my eyes?
This procedure depends on your age, the reason for your exam, and your individual risk of eye diseases.
Eyedrops are used to widen the pupil, increasing the light and providing your doctor a better view of the back of your eye. Eye dilation enables your doctor to diagnose common conditions and diseases, ideally at their earliest stages. Including:
- Macular degeneration
- High blood pressure
- Retinal detachment
It's important to dilate your eyes to conduct a thorough, comprehensive eye exam. You will probably experience increased glare and blurred vision. We suggest sunglasses for comfort.
What does quality eye care look like?
- A doctor that is receptive to your concerns and takes the time to understand your individual needs.
- A comprehensive check of your eyesight and overall eye health.
- Rule out potential vision issues or the need for vision therapy or specialized vision care.
- An ophthalmoscope check to illuminate and magnify the interior of your eye to detect such conditions as diabetes, cataracts or hypertension.
- A digital retinal scan to generate an extraordinary 200-degree picture of your eye’s retina. This enhanced view helps your optometrist to diagnose and prevent eye conditions and diseases, like glaucoma and macular degeneration.